Snorkel kit for Mercedes-Benz Gelandewagen W463 | G-Class G-Wagen | Air ram intake | 1989-2000
- Product Code: MBW
- Product Article: product-1471
The principle of the snorkel is very simple. Any engine needs a supply of clean air, since its operation is based on ignition of the fuel-air mixture in the engine cylinders. Clean air enters the engine through air intakes, in a typical car located at fender or hood level. In adverse conditions the intake of clean air can be difficult:
• On dusty (sandy) roads, the air intakes take in air that the air filter can't handle;
When crossing water obstacles, there is a risk that the air intakes will be flooded with water.
The first problem threatens to quickly foul the air filter and get dust and dirt into the engine cylinders, as well as reducing the volume of air flowing into the engine combustion chambers. As a result, the fuel-air mixture ratio is disturbed and oxygen starvation of the engine begins. As a result, the fuel does not burn completely, which leads to a reduction in engine power, and in the long run, threatens its repair.
• The second problem is even more troublesome. The ingress of water into the air intakes and then into the engine combustion chambers is called engine water hammer. Since water is an incompressible object, the water plug formed in the cylinder leads to multiple increases in pressure. The moving piston, trying to complete the stroke, destroys the cylinder. The result of water hammer can be broken pistons, bent connecting rods or a ruptured cylinder block. In most cases, a water hammer completely destroys the cylinder-piston group of an engine.
- Hand Made of high-quality FRP;
- Material thickness 3 mm;
- Surface finish: Black textured can be used as (raptor u-pol color covering use)
- Easy to install item, It fits perfectly!
One snorkel with fitting kit
Car models compatible with this snorkel:
• Snorkel kit for Mercedes-Benz Gelandewagen W463 | 1989-2000
• Engine : Diesel
Features of the installed snorkel for Mercedes-Benz Gelandewagen W463:
• Improve airflow into the engine, allow cleaner air into the engine, help the engine breath easier.
• Raise the air-intake above the water level.
• Fuel saving
• Protect engine, improve the performance of your 4x4.
• The Cool Factor, a snorkel on your 4x4 does look ultra cool.
- II 1989-2000 (W463)